A renowned Ethical Committee of SBMC is formed to guides investigations / researches of this institution. Any research projects funded by the government or non-government agencies, college own research studies and publications in professional journals necessitate the research project to get an approval from this committee.
Ethical committee Members:
|Sl No.||Name||Professional Designation||Committee Designation|
|1.||Prof. Dr.||Head of the Dept. of||Chairman|
|2.||Dr.||Head of the Dept. of||Member Secretary|
|3.||Prof. Dr.||Principal, SBMC, Barisal.||Member|
|4.||Dr.||Vice-Principal, SBMC, Barisal.||Member|
|5.||Prof. Dr.||Director, SBMCH, Barisal.||Member|
|6.||Prof. Dr.||Head of the Dept. of||Member|
|7.||Prof. Dr.||Head of the Dept. of||Member|
|8.||Prof. Dr.||Head of the Dept. of||Member|
|9.||Prof. Dr.||Head of the Dept. of||Member|
|10.||Prof. Dr.||Head of the Dept. of||Member|
|11.||Prof.||Head of the Dept. of||Member|
|12.||Prof. Dr.||Head of the Dept. of||Member|
|13.||Prof. Md.||Professor of the Dept. of||Member|
|14.||Prof. Dr.||Head of the Dept. of||Member|
|15.||Prof.||Head of the Dept. of||Member|
|16.||Dr.||Head of the Dept. of||Member|
|18.||Md. Abu Sufian||Imam, SBMCH, Dhaka.||Member|
|19.||Superintendent of Nursing, SBMCH, Dhaka.||Member|
|20.||Advocate, Bangladesh Supreme Court, Dhaka.||Member|
|21.||Social Service Officer, SBMCH, Dhaka.||Member|
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- To provide independent, competent, and timely review of the ethics of proposed researches/studies.
- To contribute to safeguarding the dignity, rights, safety, and well-being of all actual or potential research participants.
- To take into consideration the principle of justice-which requires that the benefits and burdens of research be distributed fairly among all groups and classes in society, taking into account age, gender, economic status, culture, and ethnic consideration.
- SBMC will be independent from political, institutional, professional, and market influences.
- To ensure that there is regular evaluation of the ethics of ongoing researches/studies that received a positive decision.
- The SBMC will have due regard for the requirements of relevant regulatory agencies and applicable laws